The information outlined in this lesson are only relevant if you choose the Setup Option 2 from multi-location options. Refer to the "Multi-location options" lesson for more information.
Setup Option 2 provides more flexibility than Option 1 but requires additional setup. When Option 2 is enabled on your account, Embodia will create a "parent" clinic with limited scope and functionality, and a (child) clinic for each of your locations.
The parent clinic
The main purpose of the parent clinic is to set up the branding of the clinic, set up the subdomain of the clinic that should be used in online booking, and handle the membership fees for Embodia so that each clinic is not paying individually. Additionally:
- Questionnaires added to the parent clinic will be available to all practitioners in the children clinics;
- Clinic admins added to the parent clinic will have a clinic admin functionality in any of the children clinics.
The children clinics
The children clinics will operate independently from each other and very little information is shared between them. For instance:
- Children clinics cannot access each other's patient lists;
- Children clinics cannot access each other's service lists;
- Children clinics cannot access each other's consent forms;
- Children clinics cannot access each other's schedules;
- Children clinics cannot access each other's charting settings.
To toggle between the parent clinic and the children clinics, you can use the clinic scoping function: