Before we proceed to booking consults, let's introduce the concept of clinical cases on Embodia.
A Clinical case is simply a template for a collection of consults. In the clinical case, you can specify which service to use for an assessment appointment and which service to use for follow-up appointments.
Using clinical cases has the following advantages:
- Clinical cases provide better organization for patients' consults, especially if they are seeing a practitioner for multiple treatments;
- Using clinical cases improves reporting and analytics. You can discharge a patient from one clinical case, but keep another one ongoing;
- Using clinical cases makes it easier for patients to book follow-up appointments with just a few clicks. This can be done even if you have disabled online booking on your account;
- You can specify a default payment method in a clinical case. This way a draft payment will automatically be created on invoices for consults that are part of this clinical case, saving you a few clicks;
- You can specify a patient policy on a clinical case (more on patient policies later in this course). This way a draft payment will automatically be created on invoices for consults that are part of this clinical case, saving you a few clicks.